1

Sunday 22 July 2012

Adorno at the beach

"Totalitarianism and homosexuality belong together."
Theodor Adorno, Minima Moralia, 1951



via Marxists on Horrible Couches


"A ceremony in which I had been solemnly installed as head of music in a high school. The repulsive old music teacher, Herr Weber, together with a new music teacher danced in attendance on me. After that, there was a great celebratory ball. I danced with a giant yellowish-brown Great Dane – as a child such a dog had been of great importance in my life. He walked on his hind legs and wore evening dress. I submitted entirely to the dog and, as a man with no gift for dancing, I had the feeling that I was able to dance for the first time in my life, secure and without inhibition. Occasionally, we kissed, the dog and I."
Theodor Adorno, Dream Notes, via Stalin's Moustache